Updated: Aug 11, 2022
Reasons why Online Legal Forms are not the best idea:
- They are not substitutes for lawyers
- They are not always updated when states change their laws
- They do not clarify or go in depth about all laws
- They do not act as your attorney
- They do not review if you have legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, or provide legal advice or apply the law to your situation
- There is no guarantee that the information is correct
- When it comes to Estate Planning, you will not see the risks and damages of doing it yourself. The flaws in the legal documents will not come to light until after you have passed away or have become incapacitated. Those who have the responsibility to correct the mistakes are the ones who were meant to be protected in your documents. This furthers the argument that most documents which come from legal form websites are ineffective and become costly mistakes.
It is a simple truth that small errors can have large consequences on you, your family or your business.